We’ll also tell you how and why we collect your personal info, your rights and choices when it comes to these details, as well as the steps we take to keep it secure and confidential.
We are committed to putting the consumer first and being transparent on how we collect, use and protect your personal information. The data controller is Cambridge Social Media (referred to in this policy as “we”, “us” or “our”). We want you to be confident that the personal information you give us is safe and secure with us and understand how we use it to offer you a better and more personalised experience on our site.
- the personal information we collect;
- how and why we collect and use your personal information;
- why we process your personal information;
- the rights and choices you have when it comes to your personal information;
- the steps we take to ensure your information is kept secure and confidential;
- how long we will hold your information for; and
- how to contact us.
2. What information do we collect
- When you contact or register with cambridgesocial.media you provide us with your name and email address.
- Your business details, including without limitation your name, billing addresses, email addresses and phone numbers as required.
3. Contacting you
We collect and may use your personal information to:
- Contact you in response to the communications that you have directed at us. We want to be able to help you so we use personal data to provide clarification or assistance in response to your communications;
- Send communications to you via our newsletter if you have signed up to receive it. We will not add you to our mailing list simply because you have made an enquiry via our website.
We will periodically review your personal information to ensure that we do not keep it for longer than is permitted by law. We will periodically contact you to confirm that you are still happy to receive our communications or whether you would prefer us to delete your information. All emails will contain an unsubscribe option.
4. Why do we process your personal information?
We will only collect and use your personal information (as described in sections 2 and 3) in accordance with data protection laws. Our grounds for processing your personal information are as follows:
- Consent – Where necessary we will only collect and process your personal information if you have consented for us to do so. For example, when you register an account with us when signing up as a client or signing up to our newsletter.
We do not knowingly collect or store any personal information about children under the age of 16. If you are aged under 16 please get your parent or guardian’s permission before you provide any personal information to us.
5. How you can change permissions
Your privacy is of huge importance to us. All emails or other forms of communication directly from us to you will include clear instructions on how to unsubscribe. Plus, if you don’t want to be contacted by us anymore you can email email@example.com
6. Your information rights and responsibilities
6.1 You already have certain rights under existing data protection legislation, including a right to request a copy of the personal information we hold on you, if you request it in writing. From 25 May 2018 you will have the following rights:
6.1.1. Right to correct: the right to have your personal information rectified if it is inaccurate or incomplete;
6.1.2. Right to erase: the right to request that we delete or remove your personal information from our systems;
6.1.3. Right to restrict our use of your information: the right to ‘block’ us from using your personal information or limit the way in which we can use it;
6.1.4. Right to data portability: the right to request that we move, copy or transfer your personal information;
6.1.5. Right to object: the right to object to our use of your personal information including where we use it for our legitimate interests, or where we use your personal information to carry out profiling to inform our market research and user demographics. If you raise an objection we will stop processing your personal information unless very exceptional circumstances apply, in which case we will let you know why we’re continuing to process your personal information.
We will use reasonable efforts consistent with our legal duty to provide you with your rights in accordance with data protection legislation.
6.3. If you’re not satisfied with the way any complaint you make in relation to your personal information is handled by us then you may be able to refer your complaint to the relevant data protection regulator. In the UK, this is the Information Commissioner’s Office.
7.4. Details on what cookies we use, include product information, which pages are viewed, how long an individual was on the site, no personal details are held within our cookies.
8. Keeping your personal information secure
8.1. Keeping information about you secure is very important to us so we store and process your personal information in accordance with the high standards required under data protection legislation.
8.2. We do our best to keep the information you disclose to us secure. However, we can’t guarantee its security. By using our Site you accept the inherent risks of providing information online and will not hold us responsible for any breach of security.
9. How long do we keep your personal information?
10. How to contact us
Our Data Protection Officer is the Cambridge Social Media founder and owner Lenka Koppova.
If you have any queries relating to our use of your personal information or any other related data protection questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or write to us at Lenka Koppova, 12 Cambanks, Cambridge, CB4 1PY.