Mark Zuckerberg made a couple of huge Facebook announcement at the F8 conference a couple of weeks ago about the future of his platforms (Facebook, Instagram, WhatsApp).
Here’s a quick overview of the major Facebook announcement and what they might mean to us:
- New design. Facebook will get a new look with a bigger focus on stories. So, there’s no escaping anymore. You need to start doing Facebook Stories now!
- More Groups! There will be a new dedicated section for Groups on mobile. Groups are becoming increasingly more dominant and important for Facebook and its users. Plus new tool for Groups.
- Meet friends. A new feature similar to suggested friends enabling you to find like-minded people more easily. They are really trying to foster the community feeling on the platform.
- New events tabs. A feature similar to Google Maps showing you what’s happening around you, including local businesses.
- PC and Mac apps for Messenger. Making Messenger more accessible for brands to use for lead generation and customer service.
- New look for Instagram stories camera. An attempt to make it easier to use and enable people to be more creative.
- Hiding like counts. This will be a big one! At the moment they are testing it in Canada, but if this update goes ahead, it will only show the number of likes on an image to the author. Your followers won’t be able to see that. This might shake the influencer marketing as well as engagement levels and types and measuring results a bit.
Overall the trend continues to be leaning towards community and meaningful interactions as it was over the past year or so!
We’re keep you update about any upcoming changes. In the meantime, you can read more about Facebook announcement here: Everything Facebook announced at F8
Discover more workshops and resources to elevate your skillset and business here.